Ninjas are well know for many things and one of these is a mystical mental power that eclipses the average person. As important as the weapons of the ninja was their mental acuity inside a mission. One of these spiritual and mental strengths is know as Kuji-in which is a communication process with the hands. These signals were said to channel a universal energy. This type of hand signals for focused mental energy was started by the Buddhists.
The Kuji-in was performed before missions to help visualize a successful completion and bring about the powers that are need to do this. Below we have listed some of the Kuji-in signs performed by the hands.
There are 81 total hand symbols but with 9 primary ones:
Each hand signal gives the trained ninja different strengths and abilities. The Kuji-In hand signals symbolize the following:
- Rin: To face.
- ky /Hy/Hei: The soldier.
- Th: To fight.
- Sha: The man (or the people); a foe
- Kai: The all, or the whole effect, or whole effort.
- Jin: In Formation, or position in camp or to prepare.
- Retsu: To move in column or a row, in a line; or marching, or to focus.
- Zai: To appear, or to exist to make yourself known, or create existence.
- Zen: To be in front. or show up in front.
You can also follow The MMA Zone on Twitter here.