Posted on 30 May 2012 by Tony Hackerott
A growing number of people are beginning to think you walk into a cage and get bloody beating people up when you tell them you study martial arts. However, the UFC hasn’t yet overpowered these traditional views on what martial arts is!
Posted on 16 July 2008 by Tony Hackerott
Murphy’s Laws of Martial Arts
- The referee will always be looking away when you score. You can never tie your Taekwondo Uniform when a member of the opposite sex are present in class. In a vacant locker room, the only other person dressing will have the locker next to yours.
- The wimp who made it through the eliminations on luck alone will suddenly turn into Bruce Lee when you’re up against him.
- The class you make it to on time is when the instructor will be sick.
- You are the only student your instructor calls on to show joint-locking techniques.
- No matter how many times you take care of it before your promotion exam, you will invariably have to go to the bathroom when it’s your turn.
- After a perfect Kata you will trip on the way back to your seat. After years of training without a single injury, you will pull a groin muscle the night before your black belt exam.
- When you have to use your martial arts, your opponents father will be a lawyer.