Posted on 16 July 2008 by Tony Hackerott
Murphy’s Laws of Martial Arts
- The referee will always be looking away when you score. You can never tie your Taekwondo Uniform when a member of the opposite sex are present in class. In a vacant locker room, the only other person dressing will have the locker next to yours.
- The wimp who made it through the eliminations on luck alone will suddenly turn into Bruce Lee when you’re up against him.
- The class you make it to on time is when the instructor will be sick.
- You are the only student your instructor calls on to show joint-locking techniques.
- No matter how many times you take care of it before your promotion exam, you will invariably have to go to the bathroom when it’s your turn.
- After a perfect Kata you will trip on the way back to your seat. After years of training without a single injury, you will pull a groin muscle the night before your black belt exam.
- When you have to use your martial arts, your opponents father will be a lawyer.